maandag 13 april 2020

Undulating Burgundy Marches: First Map!

Click me, ye explorer!
For a first experiment in hand-drawn mapmaking, I haven't disappointed myself! This map of the Burgundy Marches was sketched by hand with pencil. The labels have been added with typing in Paint. I have ordered inking pens so an inked-up and technicolor version of the map will follow. But for now, explorers of the Marches must make do with this prototype.

I am particularly satisfied with how Mt. Snowpeak and Rusty Lake turned out. I'll have to practice making an icon of a classical Greek-styled temple for the Library of Omnibus. The rest is an okay start.

Still left to consider are the paths that adventurers can traverse in the Marches. The whole seems rather "this forest goes here, these mountains go here"-cobbled together. And it is. I would like my maps to have a bit more intelligence to them.

1 opmerking: