vrijdag 3 mei 2019

Shaping the Campaign Premise

Although I love working on the Draconis setting and I am pleased with the progress so far, something began to feel off in the last two weeks. Yesterday, I finally knew what that was: the world is just too gritty.

Now don't get me wrong, I love me some Dark Sun, some Walking Dead, some Game of Thrones and Warhammer 40K. Yet for a world I am building potentially for my children later to game in, hordes of redskinned undead ready to devour your fighter if you misstep doen't feel right.

So I am reframing that bit. As a matter of fact, I'm chucking various elements from the setting, including the name. Out are the Plaguelands, the Red Death, The Keep and the term Bloodstone. Things I keep:

  • Elves from Outer Space;
  • Magic of the Land;
  • the Power of Faith;
  • Dragon Knights;
  • The personalities of the Keep;
Join me in a few days as I turn the page on a new chapter in campaign design.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten