zaterdag 20 maart 2021

New Blog: Flintlock Fantasy

 "I'm glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee, here at the end of all things."


Posting here at Orange Dragons has been slow, a combination of a responsible job, parenting, and spending scarce hobby time preparing all too few D&D sessions. I've found my ideas for this blog lagging. 

So I have decided to start with a clean slate. A few short weeks ago, I found a new well of inspiration in the genre of "flintlock fantasy" - fantasy stories that move away from traditional medieval settings and embrace a more modern approach. Combined with a new scholarly interest (I'm a historian by training) in the Napoleonic Wars I've decided to build a setting around the concepts of revolutionary wars, economic modernisation, and political experiments in a fantasy world. This blog carries a lot of loose ideas, on the new blog I will be focussing more clearly on the setting of Flintlock Fantasy.

Legacy posting about the current and long-running campaign in the Sunset Realm will continue sporadically, but I will be blogging frequently on the setting of Flintlock Fantasy.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten